Whilst the inverter is the heart of the solar system, the solar panels are equally important as they make up the largest proportion of the cost of the system and are the largest driver of the system performance. Solar panels are installed in extremely harsh environments where they have to endure a wide range of temperatures, U.V. radiation, high winds, rain and even hail.
One of the biggest mistakes you can make when considering installing a solar system is believing that all solar panels are created equal. In fact there are significant differences in the quality, reliability and durability of the solar panels available on the market in Australia.
Key Solar offers our clients a choice of different panels and we can source any panel on the market however we chosen a range of panels that we believe offer the best trade off between performance, value and quality.
Please take the time to read and understand the following information in regards to solar panels and quality brands that we recommend.
Trina Solar is proud to be the number one choice of solar panel in the Australian market
Trina Solar’s proprietary texturing increases surface area, which results in the cells capturing more light. Reflectivity is reduced to 4%, compared to the typical 30%. Overall cell efficiency is increased by 0.3 – 0.5%.
This 60 cell (6×10 matrix) module is the most efficient, highest performing multi-crystalline solar panel in its class.
Coupled with a standard 10-year workmanship and 25-year linear power output warranties, Trina Solar delivers high efficiencies and excellent value for money.
Download the 250 watt “Honey” spec sheet for more information or here are some bullet point facts:
• Excellent low light performance on cloudy days, mornings and evenings
– Advanced surface texturing
– Back surface field
– Selective emitter
• Maximize Limited Space
– 60-cell module power output up to 260W
– Up to 159 W/m² power density
• Highly reliable due to stringent quality control
– Over 30 in-house tests (UV, TC, HF, and many more)
– In-house testing goes well beyond certification requirements
• Certified to withstand challenging environmental conditions
– 2400 Pa wind load
– 5400 Pa snow load
– 35mm hail stone at 97 km/hr
Jinko Solar is one of the Top 5 largest solar panel manufacturers in the world and are well suited to the Australian environment. They provide both performance and reliability backed by a 10 year product warranty and 25 year performance guarantee.
In a word – low budget solar panels that work.
In fact they are one of the few companies to hit a score of 1.5GW total output in 2011 which effectively means that Jinko panels are being bought, installed, and are working very well at generating power from the sun all over the world.
The main reason why Jinko Solar panels are so low budget is because they are one of the few companies that are vertically integrated, meaning they start from the raw materials and produce every panel component themselves, thus keeping costs down.
- Excellent performance in low light
- Certified for durability in high salt or ammonia environments (coastal)
- Positive power 0/+3% tolerance ensuring high power output
- Superior manufacturing technology
- 10 year material and workmanship warranty plus 12 year 90%, 25 year 80% power output warranty